Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Matthew Perryman Jones

So I had an idea to start featuring some of my favorite and less well known musicians on here each week. Hopefully they will be new to most of you that read this and you can find new favorites.

This week is Matthew Perryman Jones. He is incredible. His voice and his songwriting abilities leave me stunned and smiling. While I realize this video is full of running mascara, just listen to how great his voice is. I can't help but smile. MPJ is a Nashville artist and my brother has played with him quite a bit lately. I got to meet him last year and he hung out and talked to me for a really long time.

The bottom line is, if you don't like this, you don't have good taste in music. That's all there is to it.

6 comments:

Sandy Krout said...

thanks for sharing. i love this!! just downloaded it from itunes. :)

coffeygirlb said...

yay! Very cool idea!!!

ANGELA VAUGHN said...

Hi Monica- Chrissys sister here :)
Is there any way to download that song you wrote a couple yrs back about spinning round & round in my white dress? I would love to have it to play at Aleeshas crowning in aug.

Heather Hunt said...

Hey guys! I have been looking at all of your posts this morning. Matthew has a really neat voice, thanks for sharing! I love all of your pictures. Monica, You are totally cute with your baby belly. The room is adorable! I am glad everything is going well for you two. Good luck and I can't wait to see real life Owen pics!

Kristina said...

I concur! Love his voice. I'm glad you are posting good music...I've been in need of some new tunes!

Monica said...

So glad you guys enjoyed him! I've got another good one for next week. Angela, there isn't anywhere you can download that song but I'm pretty sure Chrissy has it.