Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha Changes!

So the Malouf household is changing things up. We've added a new member to our family. A 55lb. little girl named Karley. We adopted our black labradoodle Monday of this past week. She and Wrigley are BFFs. Will post more about her soon.
We have also decided to drop Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. Oh yeah and our cable!!!! This is our year to simplify our lives and focus on each other. There are so many things in our daily lives that distract us from God and each other that are just meaningless. Why keep them around? Just because everyone else has that stuff? Well, I think that's dumb. We want to have substantial and deep marriage so these are the steps we are taking to get there.
Well, we're off to our first dog training class. Should be quite interesting.
-Monica

7 comments:

coffeygirlb said...

Awesome, and inspiring! Glad you'll be posting here again...now maybe it will get me back to it too! Oh, and another dog! Wow! Can't wait to meet her!

kelly said...

proud of you guys! post on this thing more often.

Sandy Krout said...

aww...sounds great! you two are great.

Unknown said...

I've met Karley. She is very sweet. I don't know about that freaky thing she does with her eyes when she's asleep though. ha ha

Leah said...

can i see a pic of the labradoodle?! i LOVE those dogs!!

can't wait to see your faces this weekend!! woohooo!

Unknown said...

Monica, holy crap. I was reading this and briefly thought that the "new member of the family" was a baby. The 55 lbs gave it away as a non-baby, though. How the heck are ya? So, you know how I met a cute guy that night you took me to Chi Alpha in Fayetteville? Well, I'm marrying him in May. Thought you'd like to know.

P.S. I just saw your post about the Wolf Lady, and I was snorting so hard that I think my boss thought I was choking in my office.

Monica said...

Teryl, that's awesome!! That makes me happy to know I had the little tiniest part in your meeting the guy you're marrying. Glad you liked the wolf lady story, it's amazingly very true. Do you have a blog 'cause when I clicked on you name nothing came up.